Summer's end

3:42 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I can't BELIEVE summer is almost over. While I'm excited for the boys to start school, I'd really like one more month of summer. "Why?" you ask? Well even if you didn't ask, I'll tell you why. Because I still want to go camping with my boys, go swimming more, go boating more, more lazy mornings, go on another vacation, more time at the parks, etc.
I can't turn back time so I guess I'll just tell you what we DID do this summer. Even if you don't want to know, I'm going to tell you. Besides, you're reading MY blog so there you go. On JJ's birthday he gave out candy at school, went bowling, and.... I can't remember what we did next... did we go to a movie??? Well after whatever it was that I've forgotten, we asked him where he wanted to go to dinner. He said he wanted to stay HOME. "Mom, can't you make some fries in the oven or something?" That's JJ for you, always wants to be home. So we compromised and did Winger's take-out. That way mom didn't have to cook, it was something different, AND he got to stay home to eat. Oh, and he got another Nintendo cake...which he didn't eat. I made it special for him so he could eat the whole thing. But neither of my boys like cake. So they licked a little frosting off of the top and then poked it with their fingers. Whatever makes him happy, right?Then we had the Big Brough Family vacation at Uncle Monte's Cabin. (Kinda sound's like 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' huh?) We had a blast 4 wheeling and hangin' with each other. "Who likes Heidi?" (hmmm. Only half of them raised their hands.) The following picture is some of the guys 'shootin' the breeze'. Actually, they were shooting clay pigeons but a good number of the shots only got the breeze. The 4th of July came and went and then it was Danny's birthday! We went swimming at Grandma Pincock's pool, went to Red Robin, and went to the theater to see Madagascar 3! "How old are you Danny?"...

To be continued......

1 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

I think I had a mild heart attack this morning when seeing you had used your fabulous blog!! Yippee! The boys look taller and bigger, but just the same..do ya get me? :) Well done on the cake you talented lady. Those classes were so fun with you. I am glad we did it together. Aaahhh..let's take a moment......................................................Okay.
Mike said if you need anything for the MINI let us know...we are in the land of MINI's He is missing the precious gem in his life and can't wait to find another. :)
Keep the pictures coming lady. Love it!!