Girls Camp

2:26 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Every year the young women in our church go camping for a few days. They call it Girls Camp. They learn survival skills and have a lot of fun together. Besides the leaders that the young women normally have, they call a few more to organize the camp. I was called to be the Youth Camp Leader Advisor. While at camp, the older girls are to help run things and I got to work with them doing that. I haven't been to a girls camp since I was 13 or 14 years old so I was a little nervous about doing this. But in the end it was a wonderful experience and it turned out better than I thought it would! The girls were able to have experiences where they could feel their Heavenly Father's love for them and recommit to being more virtuous women. Thanks to my nephew, my mother, and my husband, I was able to leave my boys home and in good hands for 5 days!

1 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

You are a perfect YW leader! I want to go to your Girls Camp