Missing North Dakota

10:02 PM Edit This 5 Comments »




























On March 17th we jam packed a Penske truck and 3 cars and moved from North Dakota. And while coming back to Utah has been wonderful in many ways (warmer weather, family, warmer weather), I find myself missing Grand Forks, North Dakota. I miss all of the wonderful friends we made. I mean we made some true, honest, and loyal friends that were wonderful!
































I miss the beautiful ice formations on the windows. I miss the playgroups and activities. I miss the (constant) wind when you take your kids to one of the many parks. I miss when the snow starts to melt and there are GREAT puddles to drive and jump through. I miss going to Canada just for a change of scenery (even though the scenery was the same).
I miss the wide open sky and the flowing clouds. I miss the rows of corn and wheat fields for miles and miles. And I love those old barns and silos! I miss the Grand Forks Primary! I miss going out to the Air Force Base to see friends, go bowling, going to the simulator (AWESOME).

While North Dakota was not exactly the Garden of Eden, I have to admit that I found a lot of things to love. Thank you to all of you that contributed to that! sigh.......

5 comments:

Audrey said...

ahhh, Heidi, we miss it too!! But wait until you get here! It's just as great (we just need to convince the rest of our ND friends to move here).

Hutchison Family Blog said...

Heidi we miss you in ND. Hope all is well with your family. Tell JJ his class is getting smaller every week. Other children are following him.

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Hey Heidi

Well said, we certainly miss all of those things about North Dakota. We miss you guys tons!!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane there. :)

mcintyreandco said...

I whole-heartedly AGREE with everything you just said! We STILL miss ND and given the opportunity we would go back...despite the winters! We miss you guys!

Arden and Tammy said...

Heidi, We miss ND too!! We met some wonderful people in our 12 years there (including your sweet family) :)