Six month Update

3:43 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Yeah, I know it's been a while since we've posted anything. I have no excuse besides general busy life. Last fall my dad had his 70th birthday and my sisters and I threw him a surprise party. It was AWESOME. Not only was it amazing that all of my five sisters and I were in the same location, but 200 or so of his friends came to celebrate with him.
Then the holidays came and went. Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentines Day! James did a GREAT job making the turkeys for all the parties on both sides of the family. (He burned his finger and I caught the moment)Twenty minutes after we had Thanksgiving dinner, James and three of his brothers piled into the mini to go get drinks at the local gas station. How on EARTH they were thirsty for 32 oz-ers was beyond me. It was funny watching them try to get out.

I didn't have any awesome Christmas pictures this year. I guess because I was too involved. But it WAS nice to see my sister Heather and her family. They live in California and got to spend about 2 weeks here over Christmas!

And I didn't take any Valentines pictures this year for some reason! Although I want to point out that I have an awesome husband. Beforehand I was thinking that Valentines Day is a commercial holiday where stores try to get boys to buy stuff to woo a girl with. It's kind of dumb. Once you've been married a while, how do you express your love for your spouse with a teddy bear? A teddy bear is good when you're dating and you can't think of anything else to give the girl so you get her a soft stuffed animal. But once you've given it to her, what is she supposed to do with it then? Stick it on a shelf to collect dust? Granted, James gave me a teddy bear once and while the sentiment of giving me something was nice, I STILL have that bear and I don't dare throw it away because I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. But I don't want to put it on my bed either. Dinner or chocolate would be more practical to give because she could ENJOY it and then be done with it. But then, that's a continuation of holiday weight gain with the massive amount of candy we get from Halloween and the Christmas season.

Anyway, back to my awesome husband. I was trying to think of SOMETHING to get for him for Valentines Day and having a terrible time. Golf stuff? A new video game? New shoes? What does any of that have to do my LOVE for him? Well, HE got me things that I would actually like. And a card with a nice note in it.

That was a long way of saying, I believe in the value of Valentines Day again. Happy Holidays everyone.

1 comments:

Valarie said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Keep it up! :)