Heidi's 30th Birthday

10:04 AM Edit This 7 Comments »

Every year on my birthday someone asks, "So do you feel older?". And usually I say, "no". But THIS year when James called me from work and asked, "So do you feel older?", I said "YES". J.J. had come in to wake me up and I was dead tired. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Then I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and I wondered, "when did I get all those wrinkles?" My brother-in-law, Dave, declared in the middle of Sunday school a few weeks ago that I have a few gray hairs showing. (If I wasn't so short maybe he wouldn't have seen them) So, yes, I feel older. Would I want to be 16 again? Young and feeling good even after a sleepless night? No, I wouldn't trade my husband and two boys and being their 30 year OLD mom for anything. I've got 3 boys that love me unconditionally and I KNOW I didn't have that at 16. I'm pretty lucky.

7 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU>>>>
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU>>>>
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO HEIDI!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

For now, that is the song you get. You are sush a fabulous mother and wife. I miss having you around!! Your 3 boys are the luckiest boys around! I hope you had a great day. You may feel old, but you cetainly don't look old.

Valarie said...

Welcome to the 3-Oh club! Just think how hard it will be 10 years from now... Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Zippidy do & HEIDI-HO!!!!
Happy Birthday to my wonderful friend that lives way too far away. I love you girl & hope your birthday was wunnerful!

mcintyreandco said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Jared turned 30this year too! I'll be joining you next year! I hope you had a great day! You guys look great!

Maydi said...

I looked at your blog and all through your cakes..they are amazing. I may be calling you for a birthday cake!

Julie Hoggard said...

Happy Birthday from a random long lost friend! I was thinking of you, and located your blog- hope you don't mind an "old BYU freshmen friend" saying hello!! Cute family- glad your having fun! Love ya-

The Halls said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I last saw you. What a great looking family! I hope you have a great birthday.