Heidi and her cakes

1:21 PM Edit This 7 Comments »
When J.J. turned 1, I wanted to make him a cute cake but didn't really know how to decorate one. My mom had decorated cakes back in the day but I never learned how. (nor did I learn how to sew, quilt, crochet, play piano, and a slew of other things I should have) Then when we were in North Dakota, a friend of mine and I decided to take classes together. It got us out of the house to do something fun and now I'm still experimenting. So if you wonder what I've been up to lately, this is it... Happy Fathers Day! I made one for my dad and one for James and his dad.


Yoshi... (Mario character) for J.J.'s b-day

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, those are freakin awesome. I have to consider myself lucky that I got one of those for my birthday!!! Heid, seriously need to start a business!!

Hutchison Family Blog said...

Your cakes look great. Wish JJ a happy belated b-day from Brother and Sister Hutchison. We miss him in our class. He always had such great ideas.

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Heidi--you rock. Good thing one of us have put those skills to good use! Maybe I need to get my butt going. Seriously, you are doing great at cakes. Way to go!

Kysha said...

Hi Heidi and all her boys! Glad we found each other through the blogs. We need to get together and catch up. Your cakes are AMAZING--very impressive.

Heidi Louise said...

Heidi are you kidding me? These cakes are beautiful and amazing! Should I ever get married would you make my cake for me? Really... you have a lot of talent. You should think about going into business.

Unknown said...

Those cakes are amazing and beautiful!!!! Great job! What a talent! Happy Birthday to JJ and Danny too!

Valarie said...

WOW! Heidi, those are awesome! You have the talent, for sure. We miss you here in ND!